Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Kiss Cherry Kola

It was over 3 years ago that I first tried Kiss Army Root Beer, and it was surprisingly OK. So I was kind of looking forward to this:

Kiss Cherry Kola

Brand: Kiss Cherry Kola.  

Origin: Camarillo, CA.

Purchase Place: Blue Sun Soda, Spring Lake Park, MN.

Sweetener: Pure Cane Sugar.

Review: Like their root beer, this was a solid beverage. It had a pretty deep cola flavor. But the "cherry" part of the flavor was hardly there! If you had told me it was just "cola," I would have thought "oh, it's a slightly 'fruity' cola like some of the unique ones that I've had." But I don't think I ever would have thought it was a CHERRY cola. 
 
And here's the conundrum for rating this: as a CHERRY cola, it's a bit of a letdown. But as a plain cola, it's pretty good! So I'm going by overall taste, not what I EXPECT it to taste like.

Side note: this is the first soda that I recall seeing anything like this on the label: "Flash Pasteurized for Stability and Safety." Huh.

Score: 7 out of 10.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment