Saturday, July 25, 2020

Excel Gooey Butter Cake Soda

Up at the cabin this past week, I cracked into this beauty:

Excel Gooey Butter Cake Soda


Brand: Excel Gooey Butter Cake Soda.

Origin: Breese, IL.

Purchase Place: Blue Sun Soda, Spring Lake Park, MN.

Sweetener: Pure Cane Sugar.

Review: I poured out little sips for all my family to try, and there were no horrible reactions (which is a little rare with a "novelty" soda). Some of the younger kids even liked it. I took a sniff and it didn't smell like much. When I tasted it, the flavor was quite subtle. There was a true hint of butter, but not rich, thick, super creamy butter. Just a nod of the flavor. And that was about it. It was just a "light butter" flavor, with no real "cake" flavor at all. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't something that I would drink a bottle of, so I have to rank it kinda low.

Score: 3.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment