Monday, January 3, 2022

W.T. Heck Dill Pickle Soda

We had one final Christmas party this past weekend. I brought down a "fun" soda to share.

W.T. Heck Dill Pickle Soda
On my mother-in-laws stove next to some tasty snacks.
 
W.T. Heck Dill Pickle Soda
My sister-in-law tried some before I did. This was her trying to swallow it.



Brand: W.T. Heck Dill Pickle Soda.

Origin: Spring Lake Park, MN.

Purchase Place: Blue Sun Soda, Spring Lake Park, MN.

Sweetener: Sugar.

Review: Before my sister-in-law tried it (pictured above), I give my father-in-law a sip and he didn't think it was too bad. But my father-in-law kind of eats/drinks anything, so that didn't mean much. My sister-in-law didn't like it. But when I tried it, I THOUGHT IT WASN'T TOO BAD! 

It smells HORRIBLE (like a jar of pickles that's not quite right) and super salty. And the first part of each sip tastes like salty pickle juice, but then all it tastes like is sweet sugary soda! That "combo" is what my sister-in-law couldn't handle, but I thought it made it quite drinkable! I mean, it's still not "good," but it was way less "bad" than I thought it'd be! This would be a fun gift for the pickle lover in your life.

Score: 4 out of 10 (which feels surprisingly higher than it could be!).


No comments:

Post a Comment