Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Reading Draft Blueberry Birch Soda

Well, it's Tuesday, so I guess that means I have another soda review from my classroom in Minneapolis (I think this is the 3rd week in a row):

Reading Draft Blueberry Birch Soda


Brand: Reading Draft Blueberry Birch Soda.

Origin: Reading, PA.

Purchase Place: Blue Sun Soda, Spring Lake Park, MN.

Sweetener: Pure Cane Sugar.

Review: So "birch" sodas usually have a bit of a sharpness to them, but I expect a "blueberry" soda to be more smooth. So what was this going to be? The answer is: both. The initial sip has that sharpness I expect with a birch soda / birch beer, but then each sip ends with the softness and smoothness of a sugary blueberry soda. It's an interesting combination. I'm not a HUGE fan of most birch beers, so I think the sweetness of the blueberry made the birch beer flavor more enjoyable for me. Still just an OK soda, but a fun combo of flavors. 

Score: 5 out of 10.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment