Thursday, January 2, 2020

Fiz Roc City Root Beer

I cracked into this today:

Fiz Roc City Root Beer



Brand: Fiz Roc City Root Beer.

Origin: Rochester, NY.

Purchase Place: Blue Sun Soda, Spring Lake Park, MN.

Sweetener: Cane Sugar.

Review: I thought I'd had this before, but as I looked back on this blog, I realized I'd only sampled it at a "root beer tasting" at Blue Sun Soda. (I actually noted that Fiz's was the only root beer at the tasting that I hadn't had before, but I didn't note if I liked it or not.)

It had a very "thick" flavor, almost molasses-like. Whenever I think of a "classic" root beer flavor, it's one of 2 things: sort of an A&W, or like this Fiz. It was pretty good. Pretty rich. And when I set it down a little hard on the counter once it made and kept a good head. Nothing great, but pretty decent.

Score: 7 out of 10.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment