Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Dr. Brown's Draft Style Root Beer

My wife had a craving for a ruben with fries the other night, so I headed to Cecil's Deli just down the street in Highland Park to pick up supper.

Cecil's Deli in St. Paul
image source

Dr. Brown's Draft Style Root Beer
With my wife's ruben and fries in the background.

Cecil's has a fair amount of individual bottles and cans of root beer and other sodas in their cooler, so I'll have to grab something new every time I'm there.

Brand: Dr. Brown's Draft Style Root Beer.

Origin: College Point, NY.

Purchase Place: Cecil's Deli, St. Paul, MN.

Sweetener: High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Review: It had a pretty "classic" root beer flavor. There was just a little bite, and just a nice subtle hint of anise. There could be more vanilla flavor, and it could be a bit more creamy, but it's decent overall. It's not trying to be anything fancy, so even though it's not stellar, I think it's made to please a lot of people. I'll give this just a slightly-better-than-average score...

Score: 6 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment