Sunday, March 22, 2020

Sunshine Bottle Works All-Natural Root Beer

We did a lot of cooking today (while staying inside in the name of "social distancing"), and I opened this to sip on while cooking:

Sunshine Bottle Works All-Natural Root Beer
My wife and 8-year-old making bagels in the background.


Brand: Sunshine Bottle Works All-Natural Root Beer.

Origin: San Luis Obispo, CA.

Purchase Place: Blue Sun Soda, Spring Lake Park, MN.

Sweetener: Pure Cane Sugar.

Review: This first sip of this was pretty normal, but then I was BLASTED with a heavy molasses aftertaste. Truly. I checked the ingredients, and nothing stood out there - if anything, it sounded good: "natural flavors with spices of wintergreen, anise and birch."

My wife took a sip, made a face, and said "YEP!" My 8-year-old didn't like it, and that's super rare when it comes to sodas! My 5-year-old thought it was OK. But I didn't even finish the bottle. This might go down as my first root beer that I never finished! Just too much molasses flavor.

Score: 1.5 out of 10.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment