Saturday, March 28, 2020

Love Potion #69 Soda

I opened this last night:

Love Potion #69 Soda

Love Potion #69 Soda
I had a get a better photo showing just HOW purple it was.

Love Potion #69 Soda
It claims to be a slight aphrodisiac.


Brand: Love Potion #69 Soda.

Origin: Gardena, CA.

Purchase Place: Blue Sun Soda, Spring Lake Park, MN.

Sweetener: High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Review: This smelled "perfume-like" when I opened it. I had no idea what flavor it was going to be. And after drinking this bottle, I still can't tell you. It's a bit fruity, but with a weird (and again, slightly perfumey) aftertaste.

When I looked at the ingredients, that explained a little of it: there's a LOT of flavors crammed into this. There's a herbal blend that consists of "Siberian Ginseng, Jasmine, Buchu, Dillweed, Ginkgo Biloba, Clove, Echinacea, Damiana, Kola Nut, Dong Quai (Angelica), Brazilian Guarana, Gotu Kola, African Capsium, and Chamomile."

I can kinda taste the kola nut (a flavor that I've enjoyed in some interesting colas I've had), but one the the things that comes out in the aftertaste is the dillweed. Yep, dill. That's NOT really something that's tasty in a soda. When has ANYONE EVER thought "Mmmm... what this soda could use more of is dill!" Never. Three out of the 4 of us in our house did not care for it.

Score: 3 out of 10.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment