Sunday, November 10, 2019

Pork Roast a la Sprite

About a week ago, I got a small pork roast on sale. I used a half bottle of flat Sprite we'd had in our fridge for the last 2 weeks (from when my kindergartner was sick) to sweeten up the roast:

Pork Roast with Sprite
About 8 oz of Sprite, a 1.5 lb roast, some seasoning salt, and
an onion on top. Ready to cook for about 3 hours on high.
Pork Roast with Sprite
My 5-year-old ate it as fast as I could shred it!

Being that went over so well, I picked up a handful of pork roasts. A few days ago, I made 2 of those 1.5 lb roasts in the crock pot.  Again, I added Sprite (about 12 oz), seasoning salt, and 2 onions:

Pork Roast with Sprite
Just after pouring the Sprite - lots of carbonation.

Pork Roast with Sprite
After about 3 hours on high and 2 hours on low, here's the chunks of roast ready to be shredded.

Pork Roast with Sprite
I added some (but FAR from all) of the juice/Sprite mixture back in after shredding everything.

These meals go over well with my boys! If you haven't tried soda in roast, give it a shot in your slow cooker!

No comments:

Post a Comment