Thursday, January 12, 2017

3 Hard Soda Reviews: Sprecher Hard Root Beer, White Claw Black Cherry Hard Seltzer, and Seagrams Hard Lemon 'N Lime

I've finished my first 3 hard sodas from my recent Total Wine trip (where I picked up 6 total). I'll do 2 sets of mini reviews, so here's the first:

Sprecher Hard Root Beer, White Claw Black Cherry Hard Seltzer, and Seagram's Lemon 'N Lime.


Sprecher Hard Root Beer: I think this was a touch better than "Best Damn Root Beer," but not by much. The maltiness mixed with the root beer makes it taste a little burnt. It smells good and has a creamy/vanilla aroma, but then it has a harsh aftertaste. Not the best (but as I've noted before, I'm not a beer fan).  Score: 3.5 out of 10.

White Claw Black Cherry Hard Seltzer: I didn't know what this was supposed to be: it's a hard seltzer (I expected "spiked water"), but it also noted on the can that it was "beer with natural flavors." But it was good. It had a slightly malty aftertaste, but it was not very "beery" at all. My wife had a few sips and noted something like "I could see myself sipping on one of these on a hot day!" The black cherry was quite sharp, but I sort of expected that with the carbonated water. I'll try other flavors of this over the summer! Score: 7.5 out of 10.

Seagram's Lemon 'N Lime: This reminded me a lot of Mike Hard Lemonade (pretty sugary and syrupy), but with more of a hint of lime and more of a slight malty beer-like aftertaste. Real sweet. Pretty good! Score: 8 out of 10.

Back with more soda reviews shortly, and the last 3 hard soda reviews in a few weeks (probably).

No comments:

Post a Comment