Thursday, April 11, 2013

GuS Grown-Up Soda Grape Black Currant

This was all natural with ingredients like black current juice concentrate, red grape juice concentrate, and grape skin extract. I was afraid it'd be too much of a "refined taste" for me, and I was right.

Grown-Up Soda Grape Blank Currant


Brand: GuS "Grown-up Soda" Grape Black Currant

Origin: New York, NY.

Purchase Place: "Minnesota's Largest Candy Store," Jordan, MN.

Sweetener: Cane Sugar.

Review: The currant flavor is pretty strong. The bottle says "not too sweet," but that's what I see as the problem. It tastes a little like carbonated church wine. It's trying to cater to adults, but that's not the purpose of soda to me. If you're buying soda, you want sweet and tasty. This is like drinking wine when you were hoping for some Kool Aid. It reminds me a bit of some of the IZZE drinks, but not quite as good. It's not horrible, but it's just too dry and tart for my taste. I could see this being good in mixes drinks though.

Score: 4 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment