Saturday, December 1, 2012

Spring Grove Root Beer

This was the root beer that really kick-started my (current) love for root beer. I hadn't had it for over 6 months, so I didn't know if I had just over-hyped it in my head since then. So I got out my last bottle (from my big "Spring Grove Soda" purchase) a few days ago.

Spring Grove Soda Root Beer


It's got a lot of head. When I set it down, it nearly foamed over. And then it stayed like this for a few minutes:




Brand: Spring Grove Soda Pop Root Beer.

Origin: Spring Grove, Minnesota.

Purchase Place: www.springgrovesoda.com.

Sweetener: Pure Cane Sugar.

Review: It's heady, earthy, smooth, and has a little bite. There's a nice subtle vanilla flavor too. The only down-side for me is that there's just a HINT too much anise (I'm not an anise fan, which is too bad because it's used a lot in root beer). I can't outright say it's my favorite of all time, but it's up near the top.

Score: 8.5 out of 10.

(Side note: Spring Grove Soda is great.  Check out their website and order an assorted case!)

1 comment:

  1. I agree, there's tad too much anise/licorice flavor. The head on it is fantastic though.

    ReplyDelete