Thursday, December 7, 2023

Rocky Mountain Soda Company Root Beer

I opened this up with my boys last night:

Rocky Mountain Soda Company Root Beer



Brand: Rocky Mountain Soda Company Root Beer

Origin: Denver, CO.

Purchase Place: Blue Sun Soda, Spring Lake Park, MN.

Sweetener: Cane Sugar.  

Review: I SWEAR I've had this before. But it turns out that all of the other Rocky Mountain Soda Company sodas that I had TEN YEARS AGO did NOT include a root beer. (And something has happened in the last 10 years because those older sodas were sweetened with sugar beets and were made in Commerce City, and this was sweetened with cane sugar and was made in Denver.) So I bought this to try last night after cooking supper with my boys. 

I first noticed the label was a little... maybe... "pretentious" as it noted in its ingredients list that it contained "vegan cane sugar" - I guess I wasn't aware there was a non-vegan cane sugar option, but apparently animal products can be used in the processing of sugar unless it's "organic."  (So they also could have said "organic" sugar as that's always "vegan" as well.)  It also noted "non-GMO citric acid" which made a little more sense at first.

But beyond that, the root beer was decent! It was a bit heavy on the wintergreen, but otherwise a pretty middle-of-road root beer: it didn't have much BITE but it also wasn't super SMOOTH. Normal, decent, tasty root beer. I'll rank this just a bit above average.

Score: 6 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment