Tuesday, August 4, 2020

A Minor Refill at Blue Sun Soda

Last night, I dropped my boys off at Grandma's house, and I celebrated my freedom by going to a soda and candy store. Of course. The last time I stopped at Blue Sun Soda was pre-COVID back in November. Back then, we stopped by for a cream soda tasting. But now (without the boys), I could take my time.

Blue Sun Soda's Root Beers
Colas on the left, root beers on the right.

Note at Blue Sun Soda Shop
This note was hung on the wall with no explanation. Perfect.

Summertime Sodas at Blue Sun Soda Shop
"Summertime Sodas:" lemon limes, an orange cream, and some novelty "fair" flavors.

Lemon Lime Sodas at Blue Sun Soda Shop
Love all the greens and yellows in the lemon lime section.

Fireworks at Blue Sun Soda Shop
Worth noting: MN legal "fireworks" are cheap now!

  
Also note that the fireworks are in their "soda fountain" area. Both the soda fountain and the arcade are not open because of COVID-19. That's understandable (I wouldn't have gotten a fresh-made soda while there, and I SURE wouldn't have been playing pinball that all kinds of grubby hands have been on) but still sad. Here's a post from a year ago that shows the soda fountain and arcade pretty well.

The main reason I stopped was because my stash at home was running very low: I was down to 2 sodas! Maybe sometime in 2013 (shortly after starting this blog) my stash got that low, but this was the 2nd lowest it's ever been.  So I picked up a random assortment of 10 bottles at Blue Sun Soda Shop: a few of their Whistler bottles, some random flavors, and even a novelty soda. That should get me through the end of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment