Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Howdy Lemon Lime

I had this because it looked refreshing on a recent hot day:

Howdy Lemon Lime


Brand: Howdy Lemon Lime.

Origin: Mukilteo, WA.

Purchase Place: Frattallone's Ace Hardware, St. Paul, MN.

Sweetener: Cane Sugar.

Review: I feel like I'm showing my background as an art and design professor when I say this, but here it goes anyway: it's not the greatest, but I like that it tried something different. (I've said that to students during critique before.) This isn't like 7-Up or Sierra Mist. This is a bit more tart, and a bit heavy on the lime. In fact, one of the ingredients is "lime juice with added lime oil." A bit TOO tart for me, but like I initially said, I'm glad they tried something different and didn't make another generic lemon lime soda. (Which is a common complaint of mine for colas.)

Score: 5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment