Thursday, October 16, 2014

Sprecher Grape Cola

I just put in a paving stone patio in my backyard, so I've been out our local Menards a lot. I recently saw they installed a fridge with individual bottles of 16 oz Sprecher for $1.28, which is a pretty good price for bottled soda.

Lots of Sprecher at Menards.


So I grabbed a Grape Sprecher to enjoy as I was loading bags of paver sand into my car in the lumberyard at Menards:


Sprecher Grape Cola



Brand: Sprecher Grape Cola

Origin: Glendale, WI.

Purchase Place: Menards, St. Paul, MN.

Sweetener: Glucose Syrup and Raw Honey.

Review: This smelled great right away, but the flavor was just a little off. It had a sharpness to it that tasted extra artificial. It almost tasted like a liquid version of grape Bottlecaps (the candy). It wasn't good at first, then it started to taste a little better the farther I got into the bottle, but by the end I was a little sick of it. It had a nice sugary flavor, but too much of an artificial bite to make it that good.

Also, I wonder if the honey in here was a bad choice. I like honey as a sweetener, but it didn't seem to go well with the grape flavor. Just a thought.

Score: 5.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment