Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Lynden's Black Cherry Lime Rickey

My son and I stopped by Lynden's Soda Fountain late last week for a treat. We'd been there twice before: once for some root beer, and once when we were invited back by the owner because the first time someone put ice in my root beer. We walked in and saw this special:

SIgns at Lynden's Soda Fountain
SOLD!


I watched the "jerk" (the name for people who work at a soda fountain) squeeze an entire lime half into my glass. And she added syrup, flavoring, and soda water.


Lynden's Black Cherry Lime Rickey
With Lynden's classic WORKING soda fountain in the background.

It didn't last too long...

I worked on my Rickey as my son enjoyed some ice cream (and he liked the swivel stools too).

Old candies.
Some goodies that I brought home for my wife.

My son actually liked the Lime Rickey as well. He took a few sips 2 different times. That surprised me a bit because it was so tart from the lime. But he liked it!


Brand: Lynden's Black Cherry Lime Rickey.

Origin: St. Paul, MN.

Purchase Place: Lynden's Soda Fountain (corner of Hamline and Randolf in St. Paul).

Sweetener: Simple syrup (so I'm assuming sugar, but I'm not sure and forgot to ask).

Review: Like the Root Beer and Sarsaparilla that I had at Lynden's last winter, this Black Cherry Lime Rickey was very "sharp" and "crisp." I think that must be from it being made "fresh" with soda water straight out of the soda fountain. It was a great summer drink. The lime was nice and tart. In fact, it was a bit too tart for me: ideally, it'd have half as much lime and double the syrup (you all know how I like things pretty sugary). I might go back for a Cherry Lime Rickey sometime and ask it to be made that way.

Score: 6 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment