Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Lester's Fixins Sweet Corn Soda. Yes, SWEET CORN.

This was my most "out there" purchase when I bought my case of assorted sodas at Minnesota's Largest Candy Store. This was simply to intriguing to pass up. Sweet Corn Soda?!? I had to grab a bottle.

Sweet Corn Soda


I opened it this past weekend when family was visiting so we could all try a little.

Sweet Corn Soda


It smells strongly like actual sweet corn mixed with a can of creamed corn.  The smell is not that appealing - it almost made me gag as I was going in for my first sip. But the taste isn't TOO bad. It doesn't really taste like sweet corn, but it has a "sweetness" to it.

Brand: Lester's Fixins Sweet Corn Soda

Origin: Camarillo, California.

Purchase Place: "Minnesota's Largest Candy Store," Jordan, MN.

Sweetener: Cane Sugar.

Review: I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wished it tasted MORE like sweet corn. The flavor was just a strange sugariness. The only reason this isn't getting a "0" or a "1" is because it's entertaining - this would be a fun bottle to open with friends (like I did) to see who actually likes it.  You won't ever forget your first sip of Sweet Corn Soda.

Score: 2 out of 10.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it might be similar in taste to corn ice cream in Brazil. Brazilians love that stuff. But then again they think root beer tastes like medicine, while eating Halls like candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering if this might be something interesting to cook with - like as leavening agent in some kind of corn bread (like using beer in beer bread)

    ReplyDelete