Thursday, October 4, 2012

Empire Root Beer

Rhode Island makes shitty root beer.  Or so I found out on Wednesday night when I tried this:

Empire Root Beer


Brand: Empire Root Beer.

Origin: Bristol, Rhode Island.

Purchase Place: "Minnesota's Largest Candy Store," Jordan, MN.

Sweetener: Cane Sugar.

Review: It wasn't smooth, but it didn't really have bite either.  It was like it was trying to be both, but it failed at both - it needed to pick a team and stick with it.  I didn't care for the taste.  It wasn't horrible, but I wouldn't purchase this again.

Score: 3 out of 10.

5 comments:

  1. I highly recommend you look one state west of RI for a superior root beer. Avery's is awesome: http://www.averysoda.com/index.html
    It's the best thing to come out if CT since John Mayer. Ok, that's not saying much...It's the best thing to come out of CT since Noah Webster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Josie, I'll check out Avery's EVEN THOUGH you made a John Mayer reference. (Not a fan...) :) Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  2. I said that John Mayer was a poor example and corrected myself. Noah Webster is obviously better. I COULD have said "the best thing to come out of CT since George W Bush", but that would just have been taking it too far. But seriously, try the root beer! I'm a CT native and resident and vouch for its yumminess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude Empire root beer and sarsaparilla are the best!! You must try this one again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Empire with more carbonation is Balz Root Beer. lol

    Its a refreshing root beer. There is little syrup. Its no Hires. It doesnt have a bad after taste like Goose Island.

    Its not a "A" root beer. Its not an "F" root beer like Rat Bastard.

    On a hot day I could do a lot worse.

    Robert "Robert Rare Root Beer" blog

    ReplyDelete