Friday, May 30, 2014

Sprecher Root Beer

I've seen these at Menards for years, but I've passed them up every time. I recalled having one a while back and just thinking it was OK.

Soda at Menards


I took a 4-pack of Root Beer home, and I drank one while working in the front yard the other night:

Sprecher Root Beer
A Nascar driver on the label? Is that a good or bad sign? I didn't know.


It was so good, I had to save some for my frosty mug once I got back in the house (something about it just screamed to be poured in a frosty mug):

Sprecher Root Beer in a Mug


Brand: Sprecher Root Beer.

Origin: Glendale, WI.

Purchase Place: Menards, St. Paul, MN.

Sweetener: Glucose Syrup and WI Honey.

Review: This was good! The hint of honey was nice - it wasn't too overpowering. It was very smooth and had a good frothy head. It had just a BIT more anise flavor than I liked, but the slight carmel flavor and a touch of vanilla were perfect. It was a great root beer overall!

Score: 9 out of 10.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure they have a Sprecher's restaurant in the Wisconsin Dells with their sodas on draft. If you're ever there you should try it out!

    ReplyDelete