Sunday, May 4, 2014

Frostop Red Birch Beer

My son and I stopped at the Frattallone's Ace Hardware on Lake Street in Minneapolis a few days ago. After seeing that the Ace on Grand Ave in St. Paul had no root beer selection, we had to see what this one had to offer. They had a few things I wanted to try:

Some Frostops.

They were all Frostops, and I didn't have a great experience with Frostop Root Beer when I had it in 2012. So I wasn't sure if these would be OK or not. I started with the Red Birch Beer as I was doing some yard work.

Frostop Red Birch Beer

This had a very red color. I had to pour some in a glass to show it off:


Back-lit by my kitchen window.


Brand: Frostop Red Birch Beer.

Origin: Hopkins, MN.

Purchase Place: Frattallones Ace Hardware, Minneapolis, MN.

Sweetener: High Fructose Corn Syrup and Cane Sugar.

Review: This was surprisingly good. I got a hint of cherry and cinnamon out of this, and it had a little sharpness. The best way I can describe this is like if you were to eat Bottle Caps candy and pop a Root Beer one and a Cherry one in your mouth at the same time. Boom. It'd taste just like this. A bit of root beer, a hint of cherry, and just a touch of cinnamon. Tasty. Goes down well. And it's nice that it comes in a larger resealable bottle - I enjoyed this over the course of 2 days.

Score: 9 out of 10.

3 comments:

  1. My question is, have you tried and rated the Pennsylvania Dutch Birch Beer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Anon! I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sioux City has a really good Birch Beer too. As does Boylan's.

    Once the Hyvee Stores open here in the TC, you should be able to get both these brands as well! :)

    ReplyDelete