Saturday, December 12, 2020

Japanese Ramuné Grape Soda

My boys and I cracked into a wacky looking Japanese soda last night:

Japanese Ramuné Grape Soda
A unique (small!) bottle.

Japanese Ramuné Grape Soda
"For even more delicious this drink chill before drinking." Yes. I love stuff like this.
 
Japanese Ramuné Grape Soda
Directions (also written on the right) for "popping" the marble seal into the bottle.
 
Japanese Ramuné Grape Soda
See the carbonation-covered marble right in the middle? Now it's just rolling around in there!

 

So yes... there was a plastic "opener" that got snapped out of the plastic cover, and then that got used to force the marble seal into the bottle. And note in that last photo that the glass bottle has a little "pocket" in it where the marble can rest. It's a very unique and heavy bottle - lots of glass "angles" in there. (VERY heavy considering it holds only 6.6 oz of soda!)


Brand: Japanese Ramuné Grape Soda.

Origin: Japan. 

Purchase Place: Blue Sun Soda, Spring Lake Park, MN.

Sweetener: High Fructose Corn Syrup and Sugar (one of the few sodas that I've had that has BOTH of those on the label).

Review: The bottle was the funnest part. My boys loved watching me open it, and kids would LOVE this bottle. Kids shouldn't open it (as it takes a lot of palm down-force to open it), but otherwise this is great for kids as it's fun and it's not much soda. The grape flavor is just OK. Truly, opening the bottle was the best part. There's a slight bite to this that isn't super. I'm ranking this 1 point higher than I should (if I were basing it ONLY on flavor) because of the "funness" of the bottle.

Score: 6 out of 10.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment