Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Refrescos Country Club UVA Grape Soda

I opened this as I was cooking a meat loaf yesterday:

Refrescos Country Club UVA Grape Soda


Brand: Refrescos Country Club UVA Grape Soda.

Origin: Brooklyn, NY.

Purchase Place: Blue Sun Soda, Spring Lake Park, MN.

Sweetener: High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Review: I quite often say that I like (or at least"don't mind") a syrupy soda. But this was nearly too much for me. I don't know that I've EVER had a soda that was this syrupy. My wife would have called it a little "cough syrup-like" (although it didn't taste medicinal at all). The grape flavor was "expected" and OK, but it was just a bit to thick-tasting. I appreciate that it seems to be trying something new/unique, but I'll still have to rate it just below average.

Score: 4 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment