Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Boots Lemon Meringue Soda

After an afternoon of cooking in the kitchen, I cleaned up the mess as I opened this (my 2nd of 3 bottles from my recent Blue Sun Soda stop):

Boots Lemon Meringue Soda


Brand: Boots Lemon Meringue Soda.

Origin: Bryan, Texas.

Purchase Place: Blue Sun Soda, Spring Lake Park, MN.

Sweetener: Sugar.

Review: I had Boots Sarsaparilla this past summer, and it was a real let down, so I was hoping this would be good. When I first popped the bottle cap, it smelled a LOT like lemon meringue pie. Really. It had a lemon smell, but an extra sugary creaminess of the meringue too.

It didn't TASTE as much like lemon meringue pie though. I was curious how they would mix the "lemon" and the "meringue" flavors together in a soda, and (not surprisingly) it didn't work. It tastes like some sort of lemon candy, not necessarily lemon meringue pie. I'm an endurance athlete, and it coated my throat the way a super thick, sweet GU energy gel would. That part was a little gross (fine for a GU, but weird in a soda), but overall, it wasn't bad. Not horrible, but not great.

Score: 4.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment