Thursday, March 24, 2016

Q Kola Spectacular Kola

I tried this when I needed a caffeine boost recently:

Q Kola Spectacular Kola


I noticed it had some interesting ingredients for a cola: it was sweetened with organic agave, and it had extracts of cinnamon, cloves, coriander, kola nut, lemon, lime, orange, and nutmeg. And it noted that it has the original spices of John Pemberton's original Coca Cola recipe "without the syrupy sweetness of today's factory colas." Worth a try.


Brand: Q Kola Spectacular Kola.

Origin: Brooklyn, NY.

Purchase Place: Lunds Grocery Store, St. Paul, MN.

Sweetener: Organic Agave.

Review: This had a relatively traditional cola flavor, but was much sharper than that. Of all of the unique ingredients, I could really taste the cinnamon and a bit of the lemon and lime. It was just a little too sharp for me, verging almost on bitter. But it was a decent, unique cola that had an unexpected tang to it.

Score: 5.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment