Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Henry Weinhard's Root Beer

Enjoyed another soda in my classroom:

Henry Reinhard's Root Beer

Henry Reinhard's Root Beer


Brand: Henry Weinhard's Root Beer.

Origin: Colfax, CA.

Purchase Place: "Minnesota's Largest Candy Store," Jordan, MN.

Sweetener: High Fructose Corn Syrup (and honey flavor).

Review: This was super smooth and really good. The bottle said "draught style head," and it didn't disappoint - it had a great, long-lasting head. There was just the slightest hint of anise, and a nice vanilla flavor as well.

When I was nearly finished drinking it, I noticed the bottom of the label said that it had artificial and natural flavors "including sassafras, vanilla, and honey." I've mentioned that honey as a sweetener is only OK in certain sodas, and I usually don't like the flavor it gives to root beers, but it's so nicely subtle here that it's quite good. (And honey is not on the ingredients list, so I'm assuming it's one of the artificial flavors.) I could see some people complaining that this is TOO smooth, but if you like a smooth root beer, try this one. It's near the top of my root beer list!

Score: 9.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment