Sunday, March 30, 2014

Lester's Fixins Peanut Butter & Jelly Soda

I'll be honest… I was NOT really looking forward to trying this:


Lester's Fixins Peanut Butter & Jelly Soda

The color was strange. The PB&J sandwich on the label looked disgusting. The smell was actually about right on: it smelled like peanut butter and grape jelly. So I took a swig.


Brand: Lester's Fixins Peanut Butter & Jelly Soda.

Origin: Camarillo, CA.

Purchase Place: "Minnesota's Largest Candy Store," Jordan, MN.

Sweetener: Cane Sugar.

Review: It actually tastes a little like peanut butter and jelly. This surprised me. I know it's called "Peanut Butter & Jelly Soda," but still, I didn't know how you could make that flavor into a liquid. It tastes a little "artificial," but the flavor isn't really that bad. I had low low low low expectations for this, and it was better than I hoped. Still… not really "good." But not as bad as I thought. Someone else described it as "fruit gone bad," but I thought it was a little better than that. I'm at a loss to fully describe this flavor, so you'll just have to try it yourself if you're curious. It scores a slightly better than average score based on my other novelty soda reviews.

Score: 4.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment