Monday, March 24, 2014

Brownie Caramel Cream Root Beer

I needed a root beer fix on Sunday. I grabbed this:

Brownie Caramel Cream Root Beer


Brand: Brownie Caramel Cream Root Beer.

Origin: Mukilteo, WA.

Purchase Place: "Minnesota's Largest Candy Store," Jordan, MN.

Sweetener: Cane Sugar.

Review: So it's has "caramel cream" in the name, and that's an accurate description of the flavor: it was very creamy and smooth, and it had a strong caramel flavor. But it wasn't a great mix with the root beer. If you REALLY love caramel, then try this out. But the caramel was jut too overpowering for me; there was little root beer flavor left to enjoy.

Score: 4 out of 10.

1 comment:

  1. Tried this last month and thought it was good & unique, but I see (or rather taste) what you're saying.. Probably sticking to bottles here (like the pinterest board I was working on when I ran across your blog), but I must say, I was ecstatic to find HIRES in the NW for the first time in a nearly a decade last year!

    Anyway, here's a couple mentions (as I didn't see them here):
    http://www.letspour.com/deals/2085-Steelhead-Handcrafted-Root-Beer
    http://www.craterlakesoda.com/our_sodas/index.php

    Didn't look at all your posts, but I'm not so sure you'd like the Crater Lake (if you hated Waialua). It is a fave of mine though (and we do at least agree on Barrel Bros!). I'd of probably scored the Bundaberg lower, but their other sodas are much more worth a taste... Looks like you have a great outlet to try new offerings!
    This is the closest to me: http://www.therootbeerstore.com/default.asp

    Cheers, M.

    ReplyDelete