Monday, February 4, 2013

Trader Joe's Vintage Root Beer

My wife did some grocery shopping and came home with a treat for me last week:

Trader Joe's Vintage Root Beer


She put it in the freezer to chill it quickly, and as you might be able to tell from that photo, it nearly froze solid before she told me there was soda in the freezer.

Trader Joe's Vintage Root Beer
A LOT of head.


Brand: Trader Joe's Vintage Root Beer.

Origin: Monrovia, CA.

Purchase Place: Trader Joe's, St. Paul, MN.

Sweetener: Cane Sugar.

Review: I was quite surprised for it being a "store brand." This was good. Really good. The kick of wintergreen is nice but not too much. And the same goes for anise - I do not care for heavy anise flavor, but this is just a perfect little hint. It has a solid ingredients list - here are some good things to see: cane sugar, wintergreen birch, sassafras, and Tahitian vanilla. It's smooth but flavorful. This ranks up there as one of my favorites. My wife really liked it as well, and she said it has perfect flavor for root beer floats. However, I'll have to drink a bottle that hasn't been frozen first to confirm my feelings on this root beer.

Score: 9.5 out of 10!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried it! Given the price of Tahitian vanilla, there's something fishy in that ingredient list (unless it's $40 a bottle).

    ReplyDelete