Monday, July 1, 2024

Black Bear Cherry Soda

I was recently on a camping trip with my boys, niece, and nephew, and I grabbed this from a candy store in Ely:

Black Bear Cherry Soda


Brand: Black Bear Cherry Soda.

Origin: Glendale, WI.

Purchase Place: Ely's Old Fashioned Candy, Ely, MN.

Sweetener: Glucose Syrup.

Review: I took the first sip, and had to look again at the label. It had a more “cola” flavor than just a cherry “soda” (but it was just a “soda” and not a “cola” as the label confirmed). I like cherry cola, so that wasn’t a problem. It had a little bit of a sharp medicinal taste that was less desirable. Flavor was strong, but the sharpness wasn’t great. I’ll call this an average “5.”

Score: 5 out of 10.

(And again, see more "up north" photos from our camping trip on my other blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment