Thursday, January 21, 2021

A Cherry Lime Rickey (and Ice Cream) at Cold Front

Whoa. It's been a while, Cold Front. Looking at my "Cold Front" tag (which has some CUTE pictures of my LITTLE boys from years ago), I haven't been in to visit in over 2 years! But I promised the boys we'd stop in sometime this week, so we did 2 days ago.

Cold Front Ice Cream
My boys went straight for the ice cream!


Cold Front Ice Cream
Charlie went for Superman...


Cold Front Ice Cream
... and Henry went with the SUPER dark brownie-like Zanzibar Chocolate.


Cherry Lime Rickey at Cold Front
And I went for a cherry lime rickey!


Henry's ice cream was very good - very fudge-like and brownie-like. He got it ALL over his face.

My cherry lime rickey was sharp and sweet. I didn't think the boys would like it as it's very lime-heavy (and then it turns bright red with just a little addition of cherry syrup), but they both asked for a 2nd and 3rd sip. I probably only got about half of it. It was quite sour (in a good way), but that made it a "sipping" soda, and not a "chugging" soda.

I picked up an ice cream punch card, so now we have 2 punches on our way to a free ice cream cone after a total of 9. We'll be back!

Cold Front is near the corner of Randolph and Hamline Avenues in St. Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment