Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Yacht Club Donald's Populist Punch

I've had these bottles for a while (not 4 years - I swear), and it was time to test them out.

Yacht Club: Donald's Populist Punch and Hillary's Liberal Limeade


Notice it says "Soda Pop Poll" at the bottom of the bottles. They sold 50,000 bottles to see if they could predict the election results, and (after the election results were in) they noted that "Donald's Populist Punch" sold just a bit more than "Hillary's Liberal Limeade" - 22,224 vs 21,360. I thought I'd try them side-by-side. So here's my first review, with the follow up review coming later this week.

Yacht Club Donald's Populist Punch


Brand: Yacht Club Donald's Populist Punch.

Origin: Centredale, RI.

Purchase Place: Blue Sun Soda, Spring Lake Park, MN.

Sweetener: Pure Cane Sugar.

Review: The first sip was a bit sharp. It tasted like a cherry fruit punch. It wasn't bad, I just expected it to be a bit smoother for some reason. Quite drinkable, but nothing special, so I'll rank it just above average.

Score: 6.5 out of 10.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment