Sunday, July 3, 2016

Wink Martindale's Orange Passion Fruit Guava Soda

A friend told me this was good. Well, he thought it was good but added "maybe because I had such low expectations." So it was time to try it:

Wink Martindale's Orange Passion Fruit Guava Soda


TWO THINGS:

First, that's a crappy Photoshop job on the label to make it look like Wink is holding a bottle of his soda.

Second, I had to look up who Wink Martindale was. It turns out he "is best known for hosting Tic Tac Dough from 1978 to 1985, Gambit from 1972 to 1976 (and again from 1980 to 1981), and Debt from 1996 to 1998." (According to Wikipedia.)


Brand: Wink Martindale's Orange Passion Fruit Guava Soda.

Origin: Camarillo, CA.

Purchase Place: Blue Sun Soda, Spring Lake Park, MN. 

Sweetener: Cane Sugar.

Review: I can't explain this flavor, but like my friend said, it's not bad. At first sip, it ALMOST tastes like a pink lemonade, but then there's a lot more depth to it. I can taste a subtle orange flavor, and I think I taste some guava at the end of each drink. If you like fruity and sweet sodas (that aren't OVER sweet), then check this out.

Score: 6 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment