Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Bundaberg Root Beer (Australian for Root Beer)

I had to crack into this as my first bottle from our weekend trip to "Minnesota's Largest Candy Store." The bottle was too unique to pass up for too long. So the other night, I opend this root beer from Australia:

Bundaberg Root Beer

Pull Top Bundaberg Root Beer
Close-up of the pull-tab on the Bundaberg bottle.

I think this was my first "brewed" root beer that wasn't just flavored (it was slightly fermented with yeast). But it wasn't that great.

Brand: Bundaberg Root Beer.

Origin: Queensland, Australia.

Purchase Place: Minnesota's Largest Candy Store, Jordan, MN.

Sweetener: Cane Sugar.

Review: I really had high hopes for this. But it was just OK. It had a bit of a different flavor that I can't really pin down, but it wasn't horrible. It needed 2 things: it needed to be creamier, and it needed to be a bit less watered-down. The flavor was a decent, but just not exactly what I'm used to when I'm craving root beer, so I'll give this an "around average" score.

Score: 4.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment