Friday, July 5, 2013

Frostie Root Beer

I had my first "Frostie" brand soda last month when I tried their Cherry Limeade (which was OK). For some reason, I didn't have high hopes when I grabbed their Root Beer the other day:

Frostie Root Beer


Brand: Frostie Root Beer.

Origin: Detroit, Michigan.

Purchase Place: Frattallone's Ace Hardware, Burnsville, MN.

Sweetener: High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Review: The first sip was surprisingly good! Then it went downhill a bit, but not TOO far downhill. It had a decent root beer flavor, but that's what it tasted like: root beer FLAVOR. It tasted "flavored" and not "real" if that makes any sense. It's sort of like what I mentioned with Frostie's Cherry Limeade when I said part of it tasted "oddly artificial." I'm giving it a half-point lower score than the Cherry Limeade - it's not horrible, but could be a lot better.

Score: 6 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment