Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Root Beer Baby Back Ribs

If you click on my "Cooking with Soda" tag, you'll see I've often done pork roasts and/or beef roasts with Sprite or cola or root beer. But over the last year or 2, I've been using root beer to help finish off my pork rib recipe.  I start by following this recipe all the way through the dry rub and instant pot cooking (I'm not an instant pot freak, but I use it when it can be helpful).  But then when it says to finish under the broiler, I jump outside to my grill instead. 

I add some BBQ sauce and a little honey, and I get just a little char forming on both sides (I like just a little char). And then I douse it all in a little root beer.

Here was the scene last night when I did some ribs for supper:

Root Beer Baby Back Ribs
Root beer ready to help finish these ribs.

Pork Ribs with Root Beer
Pouring on a little extra sweetness.

Pork Ribs with Root Beer
Root beer pooling on the "bone" side of the ribs. It stayed nicely, and I closed the lid for a few minutes.

Pork Ribs with Root Beer
After grilling both sides, I wrapped it tight with foil and poured some extra root beer in there as well.

Pork Ribs with Root Beer
Back in the house, I opened it after 45 mins after it absorbed some juices/BBQ/root beer.
The dry rub is tasty, and the root beer adds to it! Ready to fall off the bone.

Pork Ribs with Root Beer
A meal of root beer ribs, cheesy garlic bread, jalapeƱo poppers, and apples. NICE!


My boys like this a lot too! We had 2.5 lbs of ribs, and we had 0 left overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment