Friday, October 16, 2020

BREAKING NEWS: Tab Soda to be Discontinued

Coca Cola announced today that they are going to stop making Tab soda.

Tab soda to be discontinued!

Here's an excerpt from CNN:

After nearly 60 years, Coca-Cola is discontinuing its first-ever diet soda, Tab, which acquired a huge fan base in the '70s and '80s and maintained a small but devoted following through the years.

"Tab had an amazing run," said Robert Bixby, executive director of the Concord Coalition and a longtime Tab enthusiast. Bixby said messages of condolences have been pouring in. "As a business decision I can understand it, but it's a very sad day ... I do feel it's like losing a friend."

Tab is one of several "underperforming" products Coke has said it is eliminating from its brand lineup by the end of the year as the company seeks to streamline production and focus on bestsellers.

Coke is working to kill their "zombie" brands that aren't making them much money. More than half of Coca Cola's 400 brands are ones with "little to no scale" and have sales that represent only 2% of total revenue. I'll keep an eye out for more brands on the chopping block.

I think I've had a Tab YEARS ago, but I guess I'll have to try to find one quickly so I can taste/review it before it goes away forever.  R.I.P.

3 comments:

  1. One of the Members of East Metro Foodies says it's available at the Highland Park Lunds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped there yesterday, but no dice! I might be out of luck... :(

      Delete
  2. Yeah I was wondering if Members would be truthful as most said they were stockpiling but wouldn't say where they got it...lol

    ReplyDelete