Monday, July 1, 2019

A&W Root Beer

I went camping with my boys over the weekend. I brought this bottle of A&W to share around the campfire as I haven't reviewed that yet here on this blog:

A&W Root Beer
On our picnic table with our tent peeking out back there. More photos from our trip here.


Brand: A&W Root Beer.

Origin: Plano, TX.

Purchase Place: Blue Sun Soda, Spring Lake Park, MN.

Sweetener: High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Review: I kinda went into this with high hopes. In my mind, A&W has been a decent root beer that I sort of compared all other root beers against. I recalled it was much smoother and tastier (to me) than Barq's ("Barq's has bite!"). But it ended up being just OK. It went down well, but I had hyped it up too much in my mind. I'll call it pretty average. It was smooth, but the sweetness wasn't all that great. It was just OK. (At least I had good company around the campfire...)

Score: 5.5 out of 10.


After our supper and root beer.

Playing in the creek before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment