Saturday, April 1, 2017

Another Trip to Blue Sun Soda

Yesterday, my kindergartener had a half-day of school, and my youngest son was at Grandma's house, so I asked Henry what he wanted to do with his afternoon with me. He wanted to go play pinball at Blue Sun Soda. So I complied a list of sodas I've had, and we stopped by.

Blue Sun Soda Shop
There was a "shooting game" on top of their toilet.  I think they were asking us to "aim."

Blue Sun Soda Shop
"Sodas of the World" section.  I grabbed a few of these.

Pinball machines at Blue Sun Soda Shop
My son just played pinball the whole time.  They have 6 machines,
and 3 or 4 are free.  I was told they're getting another machine shortly!

Blue Sun Soda Shop
"Springtime Sodas."

Blue Sun Soda Shop
The guy working there asked if I had Virgil's with NUTMEG.  I've had Virgil's, but not this special blend.
He said they liked this so much, that they bought a palette because they only release it once a year.

Whistler sodas at Blue Sun Soda Shop
Made in-house "Whistler" soda.  Blue Sun purchased this from the north metro a few months back.

Whistler bottling at Blue Sun Soda Shop
You can peak through a hole in the wall to see Whistler being made on this awesomely-colored old bottling machine!

My haul from Blue Sun Soda Shop
This was my haul yesterday.  An assorted case, a big bottle of Virgil's with nutmeg, and an 8-pack of Whistler.

Whistler Sodas
The Whistler sodas I bought.

The guy working there laughed when he walked past me at one time and remarked on the list in my hand: "I like a guy who knows what he's after!"  I told him I have a soda/root beer blog, and that I'm referencing what I've already had (I reference my blog here on my phone, and I also had a sheet of paper which listed what I had stored in my basement that I haven't drank/reviewed yet).

I told him that after this trip, I'll have had EVERY ROOT BEER THEY HAVE TO OFFER.  That made me a little sad.  But he noted that they're hoping to expand their root beer selection by 50% shortly.  (I had noticed a few brands there yesterday that weren't there the last time I stopped in.)

Alright, I think I have my soda selection for most of the summer!  I bought these 33 bottles yesterday, and I still had most of a case from the last time I was in.  Time to get drinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment