Thursday, December 8, 2016

Whistler Root Beer

I cracked into my first bottle from my trip to Blue Sun Soda earlier this week. I just HAD to start with this one - my first Whistler soda:

Whistler Root Beer


Brand: Whistler Root Beer

Origin: Minneapolis, MN.

Purchase Place: Blue Sun Soda Shop, Spring Lake Park, MN.

Sweetener: Sugar.

Review: The first thing I liked was the unique bottle, and that it was only 8 oz. When I purchased this, they were sightly cheaper than most of the other sodas, but then they added on a $0.50 bottle deposit because Whistler reuses their bottles. In fact, there were some scuffs over the top of the neck of the bottle that weirded me out at first.

When I tasted it, it was unlike any root beer I've ever had. It had a STRONG brown sugar flavor, and not a lot of the "herbiness" that most root beers have. My initial thought was that it wasn't necessarily good or bad - just REALLY different. Sip after sip had me liking it more and more. That unique flavor isn't what I expected, and if I was in the mood for a traditional root beer, this might not cut it. But in the end, I really quite liked this soda. It gets a better-than-average score for sure.

Score: 8.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment