Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Jersey Creme

This sounded interesting. It said it contained no milk or cream or dairy products, so I was wondering how "milky" this would taste. I cracked it open in my car to drink during a long drive with the boys over Thanksgiving recently:

Jersey Creme
I was not driving as I took this, so don't be pissed.


Brand: Jersey Creme.

Origin: Mukilteo, WA.

Purchase Place: "Minnesota's Largest Candy Store," Jordan, MN.

Sweetener: Cane Sugar.

Review: This was flat-out awful. It had a weird, almost "minty" bite to it, but it was a bit creamy like milk. That's not a good flavor combination. It needed to be more of a smooth cream, but it was harsh. Here's what their website says about it:

"Jersey Creme was originally available as flavored concenetrate used to make cream flavored products in the early 1900's. A concentrate so good, it was turned into a creme flavored beverage with the slogan 'The Perfect Drink.' The sweet creme vanilla flavor is thick, rich, and with a smooth finish. A true indulgence, it is perhaps the finest creme flavored soda ever created."

Not a "true indulgence." Not even close "the finest creme flavored soda ever created." Not "the perfect drink." Barely even drinkable. In fact, while driving for 2 hours, I didn't even finish 1/3 of this bottle (and usually I'm a sipper and could drink a LOT when stuck in a car).

Score: 2 out of 10.

1 comment:

  1. You are 100% right on this one. Jersy Cream is the worst cream soda I've ever tried. It does have a really disgusting minty/milky flavor - which makes me feel very nausiated. A lot of cream sodas already, make me feel nausiated, but this one truely made me feel like throwing up. I don't know what Orca was thinking when bringing this one back. I will never be purchasing this one again.

    ReplyDelete