Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Abita Root Beer

Now that I'm back from sampling 2 sodas in Israel (here and here), it was time for some root beer:

Abita Root Beer


Brand: Abita Root Beer.

Origin: Abita Springs, Louisiana.

Purchase Place: Frattallone's Ace Hardware, St. Paul, MN.

Sweetener: Cane Sugar.

Review: No beating around the bush: this is one of the best root beers that I've had in recent memory. Actually, it's THEE best in recent memory, and one of my favorites of all time. The sweetness from the Louisiana cane sugar can't be beat. There's a great smoothness to this root beer, and just a little bite (just the perfect amount of bite for my taste). This goes down easy and tastes great.

After well over 100 reviews on this blog, I've never given a "perfect 10" before. But I could NOT taste anything wrong with this - it was everything that was right with the world. I can't wait to get my hands on another bottles of this!

Score: 10 out of 10!

1 comment:

  1. Abita's is a good one, though it reminds me of Zatarain's (must be the Louisiana water). Sadly, you can't buy Zatarain's here, but you can buy the flavoring to make your own.

    ReplyDelete